Call for Submissions
Welcome to the submission site for the Society for French Historical Studies 2017 Conference. All submissions are electronic, and need to be done in one sitting.
Before you start your submission, you should have the following information:
- Names, affiliations and email addresses for all panel participants. PLEASE NOTE: We create the program from the submission, so please put the formal name of your university, not the local shorthand; names should be as they should appear on the program.
- A brief summary CV for all participants, indicating current academic rank, doctoral institution and year granted (or anticipated), select publications (or works in progress), and select recent presentations. (750 characters maximum)
- Title and Abstract for each paper, presentation, or alternative format session.
- Single-paper proposals are permitted although complete panels are preferred. If you submit a single-paper proposal, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT ALL THE BOXES THAT HAVE ASTERISKS (*) AS THE PROGRAM WILL NOT ACCEPT THE FORM IF THOSE BOXES ARE EMPTY. You can simply write "single-paper proposal" or your own name in the extraneous required boxes.
- Those proposing alternative formats such as lightning sessions, pedagogy discussions, or digital humanities workshops should explain how the allocated time will be used. Descriptions of these formats can be found here. Please describe your alternate format content in the first "abstract field." Use the fields for "chair" and "participant" to name the participants in the session. If there are more participants than available fields, include additional names in the last "abstract" field.
All communication will be through the organizer, who will be responsible for ensuring that members of the panel or session receive the information they need.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com
Looking forward to receiving your proposals!
Lisa Leff, American University
Katrin Schultheiss, George Washington University